Melindeeloo's Reviews > Taken by Midnight

Taken by Midnight by Lara Adrian

Feb 19, 15

bookshelves: immortal_warriors, paranormal-romance, vampires
Read from October 04 to 05, 2010

I have to say that Taken by Midnight was one of my favorite Breed books in a long time.

The Jenna in Taken by Midnight is no longer the despondent almost suicidal woman she was in the previous book. Having decided to live when the ancient who kidnapped and fed from her made her choose life or death, the Jenna she becomes - as she starts to recover the self she was before tragedy struck and as she starts to change physically from the ancient's machinations - is one of Lara Adrian's better heroines. I was happy to see that she ends up something more than just another birthmarked Breedmate.

And Jenna has a good love interest in the emphathic Breed Warrior Brock, who was just a great big lethal sweetie pie.

Since much of the story takes place back in the Order's compound there are some good interactions between Jenna and the Breedmates and Brock and the other Breeds, it is always fun seeing more of the past starring pairs.

But my favorite part Taken By Midnight was that I just really liked how the relationship developement between Jenna and Brock flowed, and it really helped that the circumstances which put the pair in close proximity was more natural than in some of the other books. I also liked that the pair have common ground in the guilt that they carry over lost loved ones and that the obstacles to their HEA are external ones and not belabored.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed Taken by Midnight, so of course I want more. Now. There is a tease for the next book and I am not sure but it looks like the book will be Hunter's. That could be fun - watching the emotionless killer who sees no need for softness in his life awake to love. Can't wait.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taken by Midnight.