Adelinep's Reviews > Boy: Tales of Childhood

Read in October, 2010

Adeline Pecis 6/8 October 4, 2010
Book review

By Roald Dahl

Have you read some of Roald Dahl's books like Matilda, The Twits, and The witches? If you have you might be wondering what Roald Dahl's childhood was like. This book covers everything. When Roald Dahl's dad dies at a early age along with his sister, Roald Dahl and his huge family have to move to another home in England. Roald Dahl goes to a new school. On the way to school there is a sweet shop. Roald Dahl and his friends have many adventures there. Then his mother thinks he needs to go to a proper english school. He makes friends there but try's to avoid the headmaster as much as possible. He finds out that its impossible avoid him. Roald Dahl ends up getting beaten. His wonderful story's never end until he is 20 years old.

I loved this book because it was big so I can keep reading it for a long time. It was a very different book. It constantly changed in each chapter. For example “The Motor Car” to “The Secret Island”. I love the humor and some of the things he did when he was a child. One thing I noticed about the book is that things started to get less interesting as Roald Dahl got older. Now I am wondering if his next book about his adult life will be as good as this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boy.