Apokripos's Reviews > The Little Prince

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Feb 05, 12

bookshelves: adventure, award-winning-books, dark-chest-of-wonders, fiction-contemporary, from-book-to-film, inspirational, young-adult, 2012-reads, childrens-or-middle-grade-books, classics, fantasy, philosophical-book
Read on February 04, 2012 , read count: countless times

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Little Prince.

K.D. Absolutely Yeah man! Go go go! This is my favorite tiny novel of all time! And I do not know why. Let me know what you think of it.

Apokripos K.D. wrote: "Yeah man! Go go go! This is my favorite tiny novel of all time! And I do not know why. Let me know what you think of it."

I borrwed if from my nephew. To be honest, even if I had read this book twice, I still can't get what it means. Actually, you mentioning it in our meet up last week gave me the impetus to read it again.
And hopefully, at the iteration of reading it, I'll fathom the meaning behind the book.

K.D. Absolutely Oh yes, I will wait for our discussion on this. I might as well read it again or see the movie adaptation. I tried watching that movie before but I got bored. It was not able to capture the innocence, playfullness of the Little Prince and the ethereal beauty of the narration.

I should get ready hearing your interpretations of the characters: the rose, the lamplighter, the fox, the boubab tree, etc.

Apokripos Actually, I'm reading this last night. From what I gather, the Little Prince associates sunsets with sadness or depression. He's always lonely when he sees sunsets.
Ayun pa lang. I'm reading it slowly to fully appreciate and understand it.

message 5: by K.D. (last edited Oct 05, 2010 06:18PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

K.D. Absolutely Yes, I remember that part. Sunsets are really sad for children because that means they have to go to bed and stop playing.

But for adults, that's when the fun begins ha ha!