Lauren's Reviews > City of Lost Souls

F_50x66
May 28, 14

bookshelves: books-i-own, reread
Read from June 16 to August 20, 2012

There are different reasons why I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought it would.
1. I read the last 100 pages or so after my exams so I was kinda out of it and probably forgot the details/ shenighans of the first 400 pages.
2. I felt some things were just unneccessary - mostly the whole Jordan/ Maia plotline. Him being in the Praetor Lupius (Idk how to spell it) probably has some significance in CoHF but yeah, I don't connect with these two as much as I do with Simon, Isabelle, Magnus and Alec.
3. I also felt that the climax didn't live up to my expectations and that it took SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long for it to happen and when it did I was like, "alright, next scene."
4. This is not a negative, well i guess it is, but the end was so sad.WHY??? CASSANDRA WHY??

That being said I still enjoyed CoLS but i fear the best is behind us in this series... Hopely i will be disproved.

What I Liked
1. Jace and Magnus.
2. The hilarious quips from the above characters.
3. Simon & Isabelle :3
4. Trying to figure out how the characters of the TID fit into this storyline. I was WAY too excited working the new info into my conspiracy theory.

So overall, I enjoyed it but I'm still more of a TID fan but this series started it all and i will forever love me some Jace Morgenstern/Wayland/Herondale/Lightwood (identity crisis much?)
3.5/5 stars

p.s.Sebastian is a digusting pig.

20/5/14

Two years later and I've decided to do a last minute reread before CoHF because quite frankly, I've forgotten where the plot was going!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Lost Souls.

06/16 page 93
06/17 "This book is just as funny- " ' I was hoping they'd put up flyers like they do for lost cats' he said. 'missing, one stunningly attractive teenage boy. Answers to 'jace' or ' hot stuff'" oh jace"
05/20 marked as: currently-reading