Maddalena's Reviews > Dragonsdawn

Dragonsdawn by Anne McCaffrey

Oct 18, 10

bookshelves: american, fantasy, pern, scifi
Read from October 04 to 18, 2010

I'm a bit disappointed.
Sure, it's a good foundation novel, very scifi, with good solid characters.
But there were some themes that were picked up but never really brought to conclusion (What is the red planet, and why did it destroy everything sent to explore it? Does Thread evolves into something, and if it does, in what? How did Tubberman develop the thread resistant grub? Are the last two questions related?), and it was a bit annoying since they weren't really new themes, but unanswered (unanswerable?) questions in the former books... I can only hope that one of the next novels will be set in a time frame near enough to this to address this questions properly (Dolphin's of Pern could be it, from what I can recall from when I read it many years ago); but for now, slight disappointment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonsdawn.

10/12/2010 page 183 "It's starting to get really good, though as usual anne mccaffrey is less interesting in the scifi parts than in the "fantasy" ones"
10/18/2010 page 361 "almost finished ;__; I'm a bit disappointed because it looks like we won't know anything more about the other planet but... still 20 pages to go, so who know?"