Stephen's Reviews > Thank You, Jeeves

Thank You, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse

Jul 15, 11

bookshelves: humor-and-satire, audiobook
Read from February 13 to 14, 2011 — I own a copy

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT FROM THE READ YOURSELF HAPPY FOUNDATION:

Are you feeling sad, depressed, not quite yourself?

Did your youngest child decide to make paper airplanes out of the pages of your 1st Edition copy of Lord of the Rings?

Did the video of the “unfortunate incident” at your office picnic recently make #1 "Most Watched" on Youtube?

Well put down that whiskey bottle and the oxycontin and unload the shotgun because we at the Read Yourself Happy Foundation (RYHF) have a solution Guaranteed*to perk you up like a percocet muffin and a "happy ending" and bring baskets of bliss back to your brain. After a good hour of whiskey drinking and oxycontinmarket research, RYHF has put together the "Jeeves, That's Funny" Happy Package which we are making available to you, the public, for the first and possibly last time depending on how well our new and improved ShakeWeight Lotion Dispenser idea sells.

For the low, low introductory price of ONLY $29.95, we will send you the "Jeeves, That's Funny" Happy Package which includes ALL of the following:

1. A used copy of Thank You, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse,
2. An almost new book mark, and
3. A personalized thank you card from RYHF.

I know what you're thinking, all that forONLY $29.95. Sound too good to be true? Well here’s what some actual customers** are saying about the "Jeeves, That's Funny" Happy Package:

Customer #1: Thank you, Jeeves is the definition of a “feel good” read. Bertie Wooster, the well intentioned but crisis prone British Gentleman, and his faithful valet Jeeves have a falling out over Bertie’s refusal to desist from playing his banjolele. Irritated over the loss of Jeeves, Bertie goes to stay at a friend’s country cottage and a complicated and HILARIOUS series of events transpire. The dialogue is quick, crisp, dry and quintessentially British and will keep a smile on your face throughout. A classic of comedy literature.

Customer #2: The "Jeeves, That's Funny" Happy Package is the greatest thing since Doc Bottoms Aspray and I use it almost as much. After working out with my ShakeWeight, I love to Slap Chop some veggies, curl up in my Snuggie and read Thank You, Jeeves and for just a little while, forget about my failed hopes and dreams.

Customer #3: Being a crack whore keeps me very busy and doesn't leave me a lot of time for book shopping. The "Jeeves, That's Funny" Happy Package was the perfect opportunity for me to get a great book and the guys at the RYHF were nice enough to work with me on flexible payment arrangements. Thanks RYHF.

BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!!! If you act now, RYHF will send an additional copy of Thank you, Jeeves ABSOLUTELY FREE***. You will not find a better offer unless you look so don't waste time. Call today and soon you'll be LAUGHING away the blues.

Act now while supplies last!!

Supplies limited. Terms subject to change without notice. This offer not available in states with consumer protection statutes. RYHF reserves the right to keep your money and suspend activities at any time if it determines that such action would be awesome and the RYHF believes that it can get away with it.

* Not a Guarantee

** Paid actors used as spokesmen and not actual customers (except the crack whore)

*** An additional shipping and handling charge of $29.95 will apply

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thank You, Jeeves.

message 1: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Perhaps your finest review ever, my friend. I even did the ol' LOL thing!

message 2: by seak (new)

seak Haha, classic.

Stephen Thanks guys...I was channeling my inner Billy Mays Hays.

message 4: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Hah! Interesting that you actually HAVE an inner Billy Mays Hays. Do you also have an inner Vince Shlomi (the ShamWow guy -- I mean, sans the whole punching hookers thing)?

message 5: by mark (new)

mark monday if you like this, you may want to try the Mapp & Lucia books by e.f. benson. very different in a way (comedies of manners & secret social warfare set in an english village) but the tones are similar and the humor is also, by turns, very dry and laugh-out-loud funny.

Stephen mark wrote: "if you like this, you may want to try the Mapp & Lucia books by e.f. benson. very different in a way (comedies of manners & secret social warfare set in an english village) but the tones are simila..."

Thanks, I had never heard of that before. I will check it out. It sounds like something I might really like.

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways Did the brilliantly astute network asshats cancel your favorite television show in favor of a 22 part documentary on the Brittany Spears Comeback Tour hosted by Paula Abdul?

I love starting my day with a laugh. You do make a laugh out of everything at hand. My $29.95 is in the mail.

Stephen For an extra $19.95, we can throw in a DVD of the documentary and an autographed copy of Brittany's new book, "Shame is the New Fame."

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways Uhhh errrmmm ya know what, I think that's just a little too steep for me, so I'll go on and give it a pass, but a big thanks for the offer!

sheez louise these telemarketers I swaNEE

Stephen Okay, but if you act now, we will throw in a second set absolutely free.* Brittany, Paula, special guest Scott Baio. This offer won't last long so act fast.

*$19.95 shipping/handling charge will apply.

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways Ya know, little dude, if this wasn't a long-distance connection, yer face would look really good on the end of my fist, and we'd be makin' that happen.

No. THANK. You.

Stephen Okay, I can see you're a smart man and not easily fooled by the usual sales pitch...so here's what I'm l gonna do, just for you. Now you can't tell anyone about this because they'd lock me away if they found out I ever offered a customer this much for so little. Now, here's what I'm willing to offer you....

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways Do you know, Your Honor, I was unaware at the time of the unfortunate incident that a "bullet" would *actually* penetrate a man's skull! You see, Your Honor, Sir, I never got my high-school diploma, and so wasn't ever aware of this thing called "physics" and so had no way to judge (ha sorry sir no pun intended) the potential lethality of my actions when pulling the...what was that, Your Honor, Sir? How do I know about what again?

Lynda Instead of sending in the money, I'll just read your reviews for GET HAPPY.

message 15: by MomToKippy (new)

MomToKippy Genius.