Bookworm1858's Reviews > Low Red Moon

244 pages
YA; Paranormal
3.5/5

Source: Bought

Summary: Avery's parents were brutally murdered and all that she can remember is a flash of silver. Soon after she meets new boy Ben with whom she has an immediate connection but when his secret is revealed, she starts to wonder if he can be trusted or if he murdered her parents.

Thoughts: I didn't realize this until the end but I guess it's sort of Little Red Riding Hood; there is red, a girl and her grandmother, wolves, forest, and a woodcutter. I'm also not a big paranormal fan but I thought I'd give this a try.

It was okay; Avery and Ben weren't very interesting. It's the stereotypical paranormal romance where they fall in love almost instantly, are meant to be together by some weird magical connection, and together they can save the forest. This may be the start of a series because it seems like there is more to be explored regarding Avery's relationship to the forest.

The aspects I did like were family. Avery was really close to her parents and misses them terribly. Her father and grandmother were estranged so it's difficult to rebuild a relationship with her grandmother but Avery seems on the path to do so.

One interesting thing is that "moon" appears in red throughout the book. And the bottom of each page has a bit of a landscape picture all in red. It is weird when the word "moonlight" is used since it's then half red and half normal but I liked seeing it.

Overall: Blah story. I'm not sure if I would have liked it more or less if I read more paranormal romance.

Cover: Lovely, eye-catching with the red.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Low Red Moon.