Brenda's Reviews > Night of the Living Trekkies

Night of the Living Trekkies by Kevin David Anderson

2002429
Oct 04, 2010

bookshelves: 2010-reads, geektastic, monsters, paranormal-crazy, romance, action-packed, science-fiction
Read in October, 2010

I was struggling with another book when I picked this one up for funsies. I couldn't have made a better choice! This pulp mash-up is funny, cleaver, and often quite dramatic. The characters are well developed and not merely punchlines, although they are definitely hilarious.

I would also say that fans of sci/fi are going to get a lot more out of this than others, especially if you've ever been to a CON. Throughout the story, geeky references from many universes are laced in both subtle and blatant ways.

I'm giving this book 5 stars not because it's the best book I've ever read, but because the authors delivered what was promised. It's a dramedy in the best sense. The story balances well between humor and horror giving the reader enough time to transition between the two. From the first page to the last, I was entertained. Night of the living Trekkies is a must read for any sci/fi fan!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night of the Living Trekkies.