Lyndsey's Reviews > The Rise of Renegade X

The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea M. Campbell

This book was great. Very campy. Alot of superhero/supervillian jokes, but even non-comic book fans could relate. Damien Locke is hilarious and I would love to be best friends with Renegade X. Not to mention, read another book about him. Here are just a few great quotes from the book:

I've been kidnapped by a madman in tights and a cape.

I explained that I'd been homeschooled but that didn't help. She must have been picturing cavemenlike supervillians in capes grunting and showing me how to rub two sticks together to make the pretty fire stuff.

The last one really made me laugh and also reminded me of a Buffy quote: Fire bad, tree pretty.

The author seems like a really cool chick. She mentions rewatching old Buffy episodes in the back of the book and I find her writing style refreshing. There's not constant romance like alot of female authors but just enough to keep you involved. And lots of laughs. I look forward to more books from her.
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rise of Renegade X.

Jessica-Robyn This probably isn't on your radar any more, but since you mentioned thinking about a book two... I went to check out what else this lady has written and saw The Trials of Renegade X. Apparently the sequel is coming out in November this year, even though it's been a couple years since the first one.