Angela's Reviews > Claire de Lune

Claire de Lune by Christine   Johnson

Oct 04, 10

bookshelves: ya, sci-fi-fantasy, debut, library-book
Read from October 03 to 04, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claire de Lune.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Greta is Erikasbuddy Yeah, i totally didn't dig it either. Have you read Raised by Wolves? I have a beef with that story too... but I'll wait till after you read it to tell ya ;) I don't want to spoil it for ya

message 2: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela I remembered you didn't. =) I'm really not into this whole werewolf thing. It just doesn't do anything for me. It's just not sexy at all. Thinking about people changing into wolves makes me feel blah more than sa-woon. I don't know... Does that make sense?

Greta is Erikasbuddy OH! I lovers the wolves!! Loves them... but I've always been like that.

One of my favorite books about them is called just plainly "Werewolves"

And it has a ton of myths and how-tos in it.

I guess I've never been ala swoon (ok... Hunger Like No Other and Shiver changed that lolz!) with them but I love how primal they are. How one with nature how.... RAWR they can get.

But I've really been longing for a GOOD werewolf story that is centered around a girl. It's not out there. I hope someone writes it someday. I'd love to read it. Until then... I'll just have to wait. (and make fun of all the flops lolz!)

message 4: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Is it a short story or full (werewolves)? I tried to look it up on Goodreads but I didn't find it listed under the author.

I like a little RAWR. Soulless has a hottie hot werewolf in it. The man makes me sa-woon. Annnd I'm gonna pass on my comment about shiver. I am bitter thusly I am not giving the novel a fair shake.

I will keep a look out for wolfie girl stories my friend. One day, you shall find it!

message 5: by Greta is Erikasbuddy (last edited Oct 05, 2010 12:39PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Greta is Erikasbuddy I tried reading BITTEN by Kelly Armstrong. Note the word TRIED - I couldn't get into it but I'm not a very wordsy ferret.

The BOOK that I have(werewolves) is a bunch of myths and legends. It's more than likely out of print. I got it at one of those DOLLAR BOOKSTORES back in the day (remember them?). My story "Broken" is based on some of the facts in that book. (plus, I dig werewolves lolz.... that stand up on 2 legs)

Apparently my book was written back in 1912:
(but I have a re-print from 1996 <-i just checked)

I think you can download it here:
(but I'm not sure -- you'll have to double check that)

OOWWW!! You should try "Hunger Like No Other" for a very RAWR werewolf!! Eeee!! Kresley COle has a very nom nom way of writing for her wolves... they're all Scottish!! NOMS!!! I've read all 3 of her wolf books and I lovers them!! (her demons are also delicious!)

So, you don't dig Shiver because Ballad wasn't finished? Is that it? Or do you just not dig the writing? I know some people have thought that Maggie (I don't know how to say her last name - let alone spell it) is trying to be too poetic, but I dig that stuff... and yet while I hope she writes an antler king book... I'm not gonna be sad if she doesn't :)

I haven't read SOULLESS -- I'm actually afraid to because of the time period. I might try it one day.

message 6: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela 1. I'll check out the linkies. Thank you. =)

2. I will put down Hunger Like no Other. Scottish hotties are FTW.

3. I have no issue with her poetic writing. I actually like it a lot. I got 90 pages into shiver and realized I didn't want to get sucked into another series that I'd be waiting on for another year. Being that the book wasn't thrilling me, it was easy to put aside. Annnd it doesn't help that I'm constantly think about poor Luke and Dee whenever I read a book by her, her blogs, her tweets... it's like this knife in my side... I'm being overly dramatic, I know... but I feel $@%!^!!! Moving along.

4. Soulless has a very modern feel to it. The author is extremely snarky. And the main werewolf is a Scottish hottie. Throw in a little steampunk and it is awesomeness personified. =)

Greta is Erikasbuddy 1. Sweet!! Let me know if they work.

2. OWW!! Hunger Like No Other is simply fab!! I read it right after I read Twilight and have actually read it over and over again. It's most awesome and delicious!

3. Eek! I didn't dig Dee... she whined all through Ballad and I wanted to smacks her lolz. Nuala was my fav (this probably isn't a shocker lolz)
- Shiver doesn't really really get good until nearly the end and then you are like "OMG!!!" The next book doesn't come out till like July 12th of next year. Me and Uhyesplease were all over LINGER when it came out. I can't tell you how many times I emailed her with stuff like "OMG OMG OMG!!" hahas! Most awesome :)

4. It's the steampunk that scares me. I'm not sure I can handle it but Everyone seems to like it so I'll try (but you're talking to someone who thought Hunger Games was going to be full of Nomming on people and was upset that it was too happily ever after lolz)

5!! I really think you should read THE ROSE AND THE BEAST by Fancescia Lia Block. OMG! If you dig poetic stuff you'll love it!! I'm an uber fan of hers and I dream of one day becoming her pet!! LOLZ... it's an unusual goal... but it's a goal ;)

-k The Lady Critic I have to be honest, I agree completely with your review. This book was just a little blah and I skimmed through about half of it.

message 9: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela @ Katherine - Truly, I was so hopeful when I picked up this book. I'm still on the fence if I'll read the sequel. Thanks for the comment! =)

Greta is Erikasbuddy Ahhh!! There's a sequel? Noes!! give it the death!

I guess that means I won't be reading it lolz

message 11: by Darkfallen (new)

Darkfallen I get what you said about Shiver, I just wish I would have thought of it. I got both books for Christmas and I devoured them both in 3 days. It's been over a week and my heart still aches for Sam and Grace. If it is possible to die of heart ache I might be very well dead come July. I am in the middle of another book now and I still can't get the wolves out of my dreams. I Need to read Forever. It is cruel and unusual punishment to make a person wait so long! That said Cutie you have to read the trilogy once it's done. I too was on the fence for the first 100 pages but now I'm a junkie, completely strung out for the Wolves of Mercy Falls.

Greta is Erikasbuddy lolz!! Those wolves will do that to ya ;) LOves it!! And the wait till July is totally going to kill me too.