Cindy's Reviews > Practice Makes Perfect

Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James

Oct 10, 10

bookshelves: chick-lit, romance, favorites
Read on October 10, 2010 — I own a copy

I was skeptical when I read the summary, but since I fell in love with The Sexiest Man Alive, I decided to give this one a try. I have to say, I love James's banter. The book is hilarious, much more humorous than her first book. I laughed at Tyler and his talk of Pride and Prejudice. That scene just got me, especially when the cab driver gave his two cents. It was even better when Payton saw the P&P book in his briefcase. I absolutely love those two. J.D. sounded like an Armani/CK/Insert high-end brand-name here model. I would love to meet that kind of guy... He's every girl's dream {smart, rich, athletic, and sweet}. He sounded a great deal like Mr. Darcy... Who happens to be one of James's favorite literary heroes. Loll. I can't blame her. Payton was an amazing heroine, but I thought she overreacted when she found out about why they fought for eight years. Or maybe that's just me. James's opinion of Clark Kent and Superman? I must agree 100%. This was a great read, and I can't wait to read her other books.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Practice Makes Perfect.