Bookwatcher 's Reviews > She's Got Balls

She's Got Balls by Mia Watts

Oct 05, 10

bookshelves: glbt-gay, romance
Read from October 03 to 04, 2010

2,5 stars and I'm a saint giving two not zero star... why?

1)I'm not a fanatic, and I hate exaggeration, but when something bother me I must say it...

so..... knowing this:
Feminism refers to political, cultural, and economic movements seeking equal rights and participation in society for women and girls. (definition on wikipedia)

I just want to ask:
Why FBI and Police would collaborate using a men, as a drag queen? There aren't good womans on FBI?

I don't go out only in pink and scream that I must be respected as a woman , but in real live, this plot is not acceptable and probably is also offensive. If I can be totally honest is an absurd... the explanation is they need a "woman" on steroids so they took Chris and dress like a woman. That is another absurd... in all USA there is only thin and small FBI or Cop womans? Not even one with some muscles? I should accept that?
I want to hear the opinion of a great friend of mine, ex military and still today a kick ass lady... she, as a example, as a woman that conquer a respect position would kill her coworkers if they decided to take a man, not her, in an important military operation similar to this one of the book(Yeah, Ronda, I'm talking about you).

2)Vin annoyed me. One thing is tease Chris, another is being a bastard and knowing that Chris is attracted to him never say he was also gay. Sorry for the use of the "bastard", but I really hate Vin.

3)In the author's defense I can say this short story is well written, and the book is pleasant to read... obviously pleasant if you ignore the absurd of risk an important drug operation using a drag queen, not a real woman.

2,5 stars
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She's Got Balls.

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ I haven't read the book, but I must agree that it's really frustrating when the plot is almost an excuse to get the characters together, disregarding the easier, real-life solutions.

message 2: by Bookwatcher (last edited Oct 05, 2010 02:52AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bookwatcher Emanuela wrote: "I haven't read the book, but I must agree that it's really frustrating when the plot is almost an excuse to get the characters together, disregarding the easier, real-life solutions."

Yeah Manu, is really absurd that explanation to this plot... a "woman" on steroids, so they decided to take a man... nope, I can't accepted this explanation and smile... sorry, in my view is offensive (and I'm not a fanatic, true... I swear I never act or will be a fanatic feminist, but some things should bother all womans, not only activists of feminism).

Bookwatcher Marisa wrote: "omg ... you're a SAINT ?!? Now I've heard everything ! LMAO"

:-P
why??? What's the problem?

Bookwatcher Marisa wrote: "" 2,5 stars and I'm a saint giving two not zero star... why? "

ahahahaha"

ahhhh
hahahahaha
for that phrase

well, sorry but I really dislike this book

nothing against who like it... I respect other opinions and mine motive are very personal
It's a very well rated book

:-)

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Ca, did you add this cover to the blond slave slut guy collection, I can't find that book anymore... It seems they made him more muscular.

Bookwatcher Emanuela ~Zstyx~ wrote: "Ca, did you add this cover to the blond slave slut guy collection, I can't find that book anymore... It seems they made him more muscular."

O_O
OMG yessssss!
It's him again!
I must put this one on my reviews about the cover!

you are a hawk Manu!

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Pricks and Pragmatism by J.L. Merrow i can't tell but is that the same guy? he is in a different position at least

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions lol yeah i thought so to

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Blood and Roses by Aislinn Kerry look at the blond in the back ground

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions St. Nacho's (St. Nacho's, #1) by Z.A. Maxfield i cant find her review will all the other photos in it

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions what do you mean lol?

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions not looking i just started noticing how many books he was on... i was just watching updates and he popped up he must be on one out of every 5 gay books

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions one of the characters is blond and thin... we have the perfect stock photo for a cover

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions lol yeah they have the same vampire on a lot of the vampire books too

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions no he has dark hair... i cant remember any title names

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions yeah it is funny... this was a funny book

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Beautiful Forever and Kissing Orion thats the guy he is on like 20 vampire books Kissing Orion by Amber Kell Beautiful Forever by Diana Copland

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Oh I don't like the vampire guy. He looks to..... Bland

When I was buying all my books yesterday I saw tons of covers with the blond and some of them camila hasn't posted. Damn I wish I remembered which ones

Do you guess read stumbling over chaos blog?? Chris does posts on Monday's with the cover models. It's so funny

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions i do not read that every monday she has something funny with covers?

Bookwatcher I don't like the vampire either! Totally agree with N!!!

OMG the blond picture is absurd! TAKE ANOTHER PICTURE OF THE GUY! PLEASE! WE CAN TAKE ANOTHER COVER WITH HIM!!!!

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions lol i dont read any blogs

Bookwatcher Bubbles (Dane) wrote: "lol i dont read any blogs"

I read some, from some author I like
like Neil Gaiman. I love his blog... he has an amazing imagination, and I love to read it.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions yeah i guess so

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Aww thanks M!! :D

Yeah Chris calls it the misadventures in stock photography and she finds covers with the same model on it then makes a story out of the titles. Sometimes they're really funny and sometimes you just want to scratch your head cuz your confused but it's still funny. Love that girl and her cats!

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions i will have to try and find that sometime

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* If I remember I'll send you a link of past mondays

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Oh thanknyou

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* This was from this past monday...

I'll try finding one of her funny ones or maybe one for the blond. ^_^

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions oh jeesh lol crazy

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* You read it? :D

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions no i just looked at the covers i didn't read it no

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol, if you go down the line and read her litle captions in between it makes a kinda funny story

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol, I can tell

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions i will have to try and go there sometime and look around

Bookwatcher I'll check the links when my brain will be full wake
I'm soooooo sleepy! And I must go take my husband at work! HELP! Is cold outside! I don't want toooooo!!!

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* I know me, too! I love it how they respond to you too!

Bookwatcher Marisa wrote: "I'll help, but it may take me a while to get there ! :) "

well... true... from here to Brazil is 12hours of flight

:-\
sooooo boring

:-\
I hate to fly

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Who lives in Brazil?

Bookwatcher Nikyta wrote: "Who lives in Brazil?"

my family