Precious's Reviews > Jane

Dec 17, 2010

bookshelves: favorites
Read in December, 2010

See full review here.

Jane has been through a lot. She had a family that held little love for her, had siblings who simply did not care and even hurt her and had a mom who tried to turn her into a carbon copy of her sister, Jenna. It was all very depressing. It saddened me and I wanted to be in the actual story to slap her siblings to reality. Jane is very considerate of her siblings despite what they did. Logic over emotions – that was her guide in life. Despite what she has been through with her family, she came out as someone with little value for her own family. But with the families she has worked for and with the people at Thornfield, she found her worth. She was needed and she was capable of giving what these people required. It gave her a good feeling.

Thornfield was a very majestic place. It was something straight out of a historical novel, gleaming with bright sunlight, surrounded by age-old trees and filled with memories. I loved it. Without a home to go to, after her brother sold it and kept the money for himself, Jane found her home in Thornfield.

The romance in Jane was fantastic. It was something that I usually read about in fanfictions. But it was so good to read about it in an actual published novel. Themes of romance with rock star personas really rocked. It did, seriously. Fame, wealth and reputation. What else could one ask for? Jane’s love for Nico Rathburn was something gradual, something that eventually grew into a great love that will make her life so exciting. Nico Rathburn was known for his recklessness, the girls, the drugs and the parties. His life was flashy and full of mysteries. Will any of these secrets affect his lovelife with Jane? Jane saw Nico not as an arrogant rock star but as a guy who loves his music and cares for his daughter. Some scenes were intense. This is definitely for the older teens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jane.

Quotes Precious Liked

April Lindner
“Every so often, a lightning flash would reveal us to each other, and the expression on his face - so rapt, so helpless, so utterly mine - was the most beautiful thing I ever expected to see in my life.”
April Lindner, Jane

April Lindner
“Don't pull away from me like I disgust you. You'll break my heart. - Nico”
April Lindner, Jane