UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish's Reviews > Simply Irresistible

Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis

Do yourself a favor and don’t waste your time reading reviews. Just skip them and go buy this book. Just do it. But if you just can’t help yourself, if you simply must read a review, I’ll give you a little something more.

Simply Irresistible is the first book in the Lucky Harbor series and such a great story. I'm sitting here with this silly grin on my face because it's been a long time since I've read a book, any book, that had me smiling, giggling, sighing and fanning myself as much as this one did. Simply put, Simply Irresistible is a wonderful, funny, sexy, romantic, feel good story!

The bottom line - I repeat - don't waste your time reading all the 5 star reviews when your time can be better spent reading Simply Irresistible! Save yourself the time and trouble of having to kick yourself later for having not read it sooner, and just go buy this book. Now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simply Irresistible.

05/29/2016 marked as: own-have-read

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Why do you have this as "books to consider"?? You must change it to "MUST READ", Dhes!! Here's some enticement ^_^:

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* wrote: "Why do you have this as "books to consider"?? You must change it to "MUST READ", Dhes!! Here's some enticement ^_^:

I have it on my amazon.com wishlist! I'm hoping my family will look the list over because my birthday is in April **rubs hands together gleefully** I'm hoping they'll get me books! LOLOL

Although, I've got a lot of smut on that list... maybe I need to make a new one just for family? LOL

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill Nice little review Dhes.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish LOL!!! Probably the shortest one I've ever written... no, that would be The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty...

Anyway, Simply Irresistible is just such a good book. There's just not a lot more than that to say. Just soooo good.

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Haha! Love your review, Dhes! And I'm doing a little happy dance that you loved this as much as I did! YAY!!!

UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "The bottom line - Save yourself the time and trouble of having to kick yourself later for not reading it sooner, and just go buy this book. Now."

I TOTALLY AGREE! Go buy and read the series NOW, people!!! ^_^

message 6: by Jill (new)

Jill Yep, I agree. I'm going to get into book #3 in this series later in the week, after reading Lady Jayne's review.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Jill wrote: "Yep, I agree. I'm going to get into book #3 in this series later in the week, after reading Lady Jayne's review."

I went looking for your review of this one, Jill, but didn't see it!! I read Lady Jaynes awhile ago, but didn't see yours!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Lady Jayne's review is one of them that hooked me, and then of course her earlier comments, too. Contemporary Romance can be so hit or miss, but this was a definite HIT!

message 9: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Dec 05, 2011 01:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Lady Jayne's review is one of them that hooked me, and then of course her earlier comments, too. Contemporary Romance can be so hit or miss, but this was a definite HIT!"

I'm so glad I was able to entice you to read this, with my review, Dhes. When I love a book, I want to shout it to the mountain tops and I can't help but bring out an arsenal of man-candy and/or a great sample of quotes to convince people to read it, too. I want to share the LOVE! ^_^

Sorry, did I mention how happy I am that you loved this so much? LOL

Jill Shalvis' Contemporary Romances are definitely a HIT! I feel happy every time I read a Jill Shalvis book. She seems like such a funny and nice person, too, on her FB page. And she also enjoys her man-candy.

message 10: by thuy (new) - rated it 4 stars

thuy You convinced. Off to look on Amazon now.

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Dhes, You're going straight to The Sweetest Thing now, right? Right? Have you ordered Book 3 yet? Get to it! ^_^

message 12: by Jill (new)

Jill UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Jill wrote: "Yep, I agree. I'm going to get into book #3 in this series later in the week, after reading Lady Jayne's review."

I went looking for your review of this one, Jill, but didn't see it!!..."

Dhes, I didn't write a review of book #1. Just a short review of book #2.

Lisa Kay Love your review, Dhes. LOL!

Lynsey Well said Dhes! I love this book and re-read it often. Jax is definitely in my top 5 book husbands.

Michelle [Helen Geek] Sold! Buying now and it is "on-deck"!

Pamela(AllHoney) I still get a silly grin whenever I think of this book. Just got the 3rd in series. I may do a reread before I start it. ☺

Diana~ Ooh, I absolutely adore Jill Shalvis! Her stories are so sweet, sexy, and just great overall! Love your review, Dhes~

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Good morning, ladies!! I just added a small, final paragraph:

I just have to add, I went to sleep thinking about this book and woke up thinking about it. The hero, Jax, is the kind of man that you really could find in Anytown, USA, and the heroine, Maddie, is a real woman. The kind with curves, flaws and insecurities... someone we can all relate to. So I repeat - don't waste your time reading all the 5 star reviews when your time can be better spent reading Simply Irresistible!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* wrote: "Dhes, You're going straight to The Sweetest Thing now, right? Right? Have you ordered Book 3 yet? Get to it! ^_^"

Yes, I started it last night and I requested #3. We'll see if I get approved for it or not. *fingers crossed*

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Jill, well, that explains why I couldn't find it! LOL!! I'm well into #2 right now. How fun these books are!!!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Lisa Kay and Diana!! :)

Lynsey, I can easily see this being a re-readable series. Often!!!

Pamela, I'm still sitting here with a silly grin on my face. Like I said in the added paragraph, I went to sleep thinking about and woke up thinking about it... FUN stuff. Great, great stuff.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thuy and Michelle, I hope you both LOVE it as much as I do!!! Please let me know when you read it!

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews this is one of my top of the top favorite series

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish DiDi wrote: "this is one of my top of the top favorite series"

I can totally understand why!! I'm hooked, and was right from the start!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish And I'm still sitting here grinning.

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews lol...If I had to pick a favorite of the three I would pick the third but they are all awesome@

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish That's what everyone keeps saying, DiDi. I'm excited!!!!

Elizabeth (Liz) UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "That's what everyone keeps saying, DiDi. I'm excited!!!!"

As always, Dhes, the *perfect* review:) You nailed it on the head here! Just read the book! To be honest, I don't wait for reviews on JS books any longer. I simply buy them when I'm able to, and then I sit back and enjoy:)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Elizabeth!! :)

It's not often that I absolutely LOVE the first book in a series, but I sure do this one!!!

Laura Couldn't agree more! Loved it also!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Such fun books! They remind me of Shannon Stacey's Kowalski series in the humor and romance and steam.

Michelle [Helen Geek] UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thuy and Michelle, I hope you both LOVE it as much as I do!!! Please let me know when you read it!"

I actually found a 2-fer - #1 & #2 for a dollar above the price for 2, so I was sold. I'm off for a while during the Holiday's and have a whole basket of good things to read. This is at the top of the pile. I love when you go to sleep smiling over a book and then think about it again at different points. I did this with Inez Kelley's Sweet as Sin. I've been recommending it all over the place. If you haven't read it, check it out.
Sweet as Sin by Inez Kelley

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "And I'm still sitting here grinning."

*grins along with Dhes* ^_^

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Michelle! I haven't read that one, yet.

Michelle [Helen Geek] It's a bit dark, but very good and I found it pretty unique. Let me know what you think.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish It's too bad we can't "loan" each other books by sending them to each other if we promise to delete them when we're done! LOL!

message 37: by KA (new) - rated it 5 stars

KA agreed!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOL your opening sentences to this review made me laugh and smile. So, soo true!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Annie *Leather Lust* wrote: "LOL your opening sentences to this review made me laugh and smile. So, soo true!"

LOL! I know, right?? I feel like that Nike commercial... Just. Do. It.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOL! Definitely worth it and its a good built up for the holidays too. Kinda Christmas-y, but not overly much.

Lupdilup Duffy Waiting for download (audio). Just what I need, a good contemporary romance:)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Oh, and this one is GOOOD!! I'm excited to hear what you think of it!

KindleRomance Reviews Wonderful review:-)

KatLynne Great review Dhes! One of my favorite series and each book seems to get better and better. So glad you enjoyed this one:)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Kat!! Yep, I agree about the books getting better and better. This is one of those series that I MUST read!

Krystal im adding this !!! like right now ! lol

message 50: by Jenn (last edited Jan 19, 2013 06:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn I just started reading it and I can't put it down... I want my own Jax haha... and to quote this part of your review "I'm sitting here with this silly grin on my face because it's been a long time since I've read a book, any book, that had me smiling, giggling, sighing and fanning myself as much as this one did,"

OMG so true... I called this book my 50 shades of Grey lol