Julie Butcher's Reviews > Emotional Intensity in Gifted Students: Helping Kids Cope with Explosive Feelings

Emotional Intensity in Gifted Students by Christine Fonseca

Oct 03, 10

Read in October, 2010

Your child is the smart one, the one who gets bored in school or refuses to do homework, the one who is bullied or has difficulty making friends. Your child has a heart the size of Mount Rushmore, and can inexplicably grasp concepts and emotions that should be impossible for him or her to understand.
Your child is in this book.
Christine Fonesca, in her book, Emotional Intensity in Gifted Students: Helping Kids Cope With Explosive Feelings, deals with problems that we as parents and teachers of gifted and talented children face each day. She explains in compassionate and easy to understand verbiage why our children are like they are and what we can do to help them grow into amazing adults.
Ms. Fonesca debunks commonly held myths about the gifted and gives you the tools you need for better parent-teacher relationships, better parent-child relationships, and most importantly makes you realize that there is hope for this group of misunderstood children.
I cannot recommend this book strongly enough. Ms. Fonesca’s understanding, compassion, and enthusiasm for gifted and talented children shines in this easily understood read. Her often amusing and sometimes heart breaking examples explain the frustration and brilliance of the gifted in a way I’ve never seen before. Parents, Teachers, you need this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emotional Intensity in Gifted Students.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy YES!!! I NEED to read this book! Never would have ever heard of it if you hadn't been so kind to review it. Many, many thanks!!

Julie Butcher Amy wrote: "YES!!! I NEED to read this book! Never would have ever heard of it if you hadn't been so kind to review it. Many, many thanks!!"

You're so welcome!