Teen Book Reviewer (Shannon)'s Reviews > Dark Memories

Dark Memories by Kailin Gow

Dark Memories, the second book in The Phantom Diaries series, continues where the first book leaves off. The unique thing about this book is it starts off with Eric’s Diary. The dark presence in Annette’s life has completely taken over her life and set on destroying everything. Annette, is described as “beautiful beyond reason” – I think Megan Fox, but kind, sweet, with an innocence that is rare, and a natural singing talent that allows her to hit the highest and lowest notes – I think Taylor Swift or Kelly Clarkson. Everything she had worked so hard for, weeks and endless hours of practice honing her talent with Eric, comes crumbling down. As Annette fights desperately for her life, Eric has to go through the past into the memories of Annette’s, his, and Kristine.

Dark Memories take you on a journey of the past through New York, New Orleans, and even Paris. Many questions are answered in Dark Memories, and the ending is a happy one. There is a book 3, Immortal Darkness, and although I’m very happy with the ending to Dark Memories, I can’t wait to read Immortal Darkness to see if Annette’s lingering questions are answered.

Review copy provided by publisher

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Memories.