Georgina's Reviews > Jacob

Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank

Oct 04, 10

bookshelves: dnf
Read from October 03 to 04, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I'm struggling with this one.

Frank writes beautifully; descriptive, with attention to detail, but I think for this genre, writing needs to be a little more efficient, especially during love scenes.

I don't like the heroine in this book either. I feel many authors believe for a female character to show strength and independence, she has to have her hands permanently planted on her hips, while biting out sarcasm. To me, this isn't cute or sassy or sexy, it's just irritating, and why a male, of any species would choose to spend eternity with a woman like this is beyond me.

Also, her name's Bella, and I'll be a happy woman if I never again have to read about a character with that name.

I'm trying to get through it, and may begin reading the next novel in the series, to see if I prefer it but sadly, I don't hold a lot of hope for continuing through the series.

Update...I just couldn't do it. I gave up with 100 pages to go. Sadly, I don't care enough about the characters to wonder what becomes of them. I won't be continuing the series.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jacob.