Emma's Reviews > Buffy the Vampire Slayer: No Future for You

Buffy the Vampire Slayer by Brian K. Vaughan

Oct 03, 2010

bookshelves: scifi-fantasy
Read in October, 2010

My favorite so far. It's odd, I always thought I didn't like Faith, but in the comic they explain more of her inner world. Like, remember when she totally ate up the horribly slimey attention from the creepy evil Mayor? And you thought, how could she possibly not gag? Well, she has daddy issues. Which of course, duh. But it clicked a lot better after reading this comic.

OH I think I get it. I don't like the *actress* who plays Faith. It always feels to me like she is overacting. So I never really got into the character because I couldn't get past Eliza Dushku. But in comic-land, she's not there, and it turns out I like Faith the character a lot! Who knew? =)

On the other hand, Buffy seems shallower and less real in the comic than Sarah Michelle Gellar's rendition. At least so far. Maybe they will explore more of her inner issues in future volumes.

I like that they do what amounts to voice-overs in the comics, so we can understand their thinking. As a medium it lends itself more to getting into the broody heads of these supernatural kids. I like broody heads.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Buffy the Vampire Slayer.