Caitlin's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Apr 12, 11

Read from April 06 to 07, 2011

Seriously Clare? Serious-freakin'-ly?

1.) Why does everyone have to fall in love? Or in most cases--get angry with each other, fight and then fall in love again.

2.) I'm so sick of sulking Jace. No--I'm so flippin' sick of Jace and Clary. All they do is mope, make-out, mope again and profess their love for each other. Talk about beating a dead horse. Plus it's boring.

3). Honestly, the ending didn't shock me. Sorry.

4.) Is it me, or did the editing suck?

5.) What's up with all the blood? I mean, like, blood that wasn't there is there.

6.) Nice attempt at sneaking in a moral lesson for Simon, but in the end it still looks like a "get rid of all adult involvement" move.

7.) How can a boy who doesn't know mundane culture, read poetry and literature by mundanes? Yes, I'm asking you this after reading all four books.

8.) The ending--too long.

The things I did like--Simon. A thousand times more interesting than Clary and Jace combined. Plus, whenever Jace came around in Simon's POV, I actually liked Jace again. Sulking Jace dampens the fun. A witty, cocky, jackass Jace brings smiles. Especially bickering and bonding with Simon. The plot was expected. The direction wasn't shocking nor was it lame. Just predictable. I'll continue to stick with the series. I've been with it since the beginning and it hasn't rubbed me entirely the wrong way yet.

Well, I'm tired. Night.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.

04/06/2011 page 250
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Gemma Amen.

message 2: by Lane (new)

Lane Kennedy It totally agree in more ways then one

Mahesh Subramaniam I didnt think of point number 7, very true!

message 4: by Chae (new) - added it

Chae  Ford what a great review! yah i hate Jace...Simon is da man. :)

Lywana I agree on the Simon part. I just loved when he was around.

Evie 9) Why hasn't Clary kicked Jace to the curb for being such a complete asshole to her? Even if you're being an asshole out of love, that doesn't make it right. I got so tired of her just letting him get away with all his jack-assery. She should have confronted him about it a lot sooner and if he didn't do better, left him for someone who actually respected her as a human being.

Oh wait. I forgot. This is TWU WUV!!!!!!!!

Mary @ Bry: NO THEY ARE NOT BROTHER AND SISTER!!!!!! JEEZ......@ Caitlin: your kinda right they really need to cut the moping, then kissing act......but sometimes those kissing and moping stuff actually makes the book good. and If you din't like it then don't read the series anymore, what's the point of your not going to like it, Right?

Mary Yeah I know right? but still kinda cute....Idk. :D

message 9: by Ladykatsa (new)

Ladykatsa I completely agree! Jace gets VERY irritating. And it's like in city of bones when he trusts Valentine immediately and starts acting strangely with no explanation; it just didn't flow right.

Rachel You pratically did the review for me.

Caitlin Rachel wrote: "You pratically did the review for me."

yes good.