Chris's Reviews > Kristy's Great Idea

Kristy's Great Idea by Ann M. Martin

Oct 11, 14

bookshelves: amazon-kindle
Read in January, 2005

Have you ever read any of the other Babysitter's Club books and wondered how the Babysitter's Club was formed and started? Well, then this book is for you. It introduces you to the traits behind the characters Claudia, Kristy, Stacey and Mary-Anne, as well as answering the above mentioned major topic.

At first, I was a little skeptical/reluctant to read this book, especially when my parents told me that this book was "meant for girls only", and I at the time,(being a 21-year-old guy), sure told my parents off. The book wasn't hard to understand at all, and now I know what my friends were talking about, when they talked about this book in elementary school years ago.

If you liked any of the other Babysitter's Club books, you'll love this book. It doesn't really matter if you are a boy or a girl, you'll understand this book just the same. Anne M. Martin is a good author, and I appreciate reading all of her great books a lot. Keep up the good work Anne.

However, upon reading this book, I got the feeling that the author is talking about her-own life-experiences through the character traits of the main charachter, Kristy, but according to the "About the Author" page the author states that she tries to bring in her own life through the workings of Mary-Ann.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kristy's Great Idea.

10/05/2014 marked as: currently-reading