Allison (The Allure of Books)'s Reviews > Rules of Attraction

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Carlos was a tough nut to crack, but it was all very natural and believable. The way he grew up and the preconceived notions he had built up in his head about white people made his attitude very realistic. Of course, it also made him very annoying for a large chunk of the book...but hey. Life lesson: a lot of people ARE really annoying. And once his true personality started peeking through, he showed that he really is a good guy. I didn't fall for him like I did Alex in Perfect Chemistry, but he is still a great character.

As much as I liked Perfect Chemistry, the first book of the series, I'm glad this one was different. Brittany was the stereotypical popular white girl, and it was a nice change to have someone a little nerdier and less confident this time around. Kiara was awesome, I really liked her. Most of her character development is all relationship-focused, which is a shame. I would have liked to see more of her - just her.

If you liked the first book, you should definitely continue the series with this one...maybe get it from the library or wait for the paperback copy to come out unless you're a huge fan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rules of Attraction.

10/02/2010 page 1