Karen's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

F_50x66
Feb 23, 11

bookshelves: currently-reading
Read in January, 2010

I may be currently reading this for the rest of my life. I read the first two and sailed through them, entirely engrossed in the plot and characters. The writing was seamless and the reading fun. This is an entirely different matter. I can't imagine who edited this book. There are so many clunky, trite, cliched, wordy and useless sentences! How about the old show don't tell rule? I'm, according to my kindle, 30% through the book and I have met literally dozens of characters, none of whom are developed or hold one's interest. The main character, known in the last books for her energy and daring, has so far been confined in a hospital room refusing to speak. What a dead end device. I hope I can slog through to the end. But be warned: don't spend your money on this thinking it is a energetic mystery read! Dull. Dull. Dull.

I wrote that paragraph two months ago. I finished the book, thinking it must get better. It didn't! What a waste of time and money.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marian (new)

Marian I'd have to read any of the books in the same way as I saw the movie, with my hands over my eyes. Way too disturbing for me.

message 2: by Marian (new)

Marian I've heard many people echo your sentiments. Maybe an author shouldn't die before his book is finished.