Zuleika's Reviews > Kisses from Hell

Kisses from Hell by Kristin Cast

4 stories involving kissing and vampires

Sunshine by Richelle Mead 2.5/5
Story about how Lissa’s parents got together and why she was named Vasilisa.
-Meh. I could have done without it, and I don’t think it’s a requirement for any ‘Vampire Academy’ fan to read it. It wasn’t bad, just not interesting enough either.

Bring me to life by Alyson Noel 3/5
A young girl comes to a castle for an art program, but not all is as it seems (DUN DUN DUN)
-Actually liked this one, which surprised me because I hate the Evermore series. I wish the ending had more closure though. It seemed a bit rushed

Above by Kristin Cast 1/5
A girl from Below yearns to live Above, despite it being dangerous for her kind
-This story was so bad it became good. I was pretty much laughing throughout the whole story thanks to such phrases as: ‘eggs dipped in emerald mystery’ (aka his eyes were green), ‘The sun awoke and knocked on Sol’s open window’ (aka it was morning) . ‘Kill kill kill kill killkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkillkill. Yummmmm.’ (aka ???? The ‘Yumm’ part at the end is the best part). But my absolute favorite: ‘The tall black figure twisted the guard’s head.

Off.’ (aka the dude twisted the guards head –long dramatic pause- OFF)
Okay, maybe I’m the only one that found that hilarious, but nobody can deny that this story was…really bad. I get what she was trying to do, but, in my opinion she didn’t succeed. But I liked the ending.

Hunting Kat by Kelly Armstrong 3.5/5
Sequel to another short story that takes place in the ‘Darkest Powers trilogy’ world and is about a girl/vampire named Kat who is running away from the Edison Group.
-I haven’t read the prequel, but I managed to read this story just fine. I’m guessing she is going to continue the short story series in another anthology because it had an open ending. I liked the story and didn’t want it to end yet, but if you have read the Darkest Powers trilogy it is pretty much the same old, same old (teens running away from the Edison Group blablabla)

Lilith by Francesca Lia Block 3/5
Story about a nerdy guy who hates everybody, then meets a ~beautiful mysterious girl who changes his whole life.
It was fine. Not good or bad, just fine.

Overall, nothing really memorable (except for ‘Above’ …but not in a good way). Buy it for charity or if you are a big fan of any of these artists, but if you are looking for a good read about supernatural kissing then you are better off with other books *cough*Lips touch: three times*cough*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kisses from Hell.