Melindeeloo's Reviews > Sins of the Flesh

Sins of the Flesh by Eve Silver

Aug 20, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read in October, 2010

In Sins of the Flesh it's final Soul Reaper son of Sektet Mal's turn to take a stab at solving the mystery behind the brutal - and supposedly impossible - death of his brother Lokan. While hunting for clues Mal vies with Calliope Kane to gain possesion of a man who may have the answers Mal seeks and the answers the daughter of Asset seek to surpress. Calliope's hatred of Soul Reapers is much more than the bad blood between their patron gods - Callipoe's reasons are far more personal. As adversaries, Calliope and Mal come together with violence - both are smart, deadly and determined - and though Calliope gets the best of their first fight, Mal just treats her vicious treatment of him as foreplay. But because of Calliope's past, her initial interactions with Mal took enemy lovers theme to almost defcon level making it hard to transition from Calliope's initial enmity to love when the romance had to give way to the main story pieces needed to solve the murder, past pair cameos, and the big reveal of who dunnit and why.

While Sins of the Flesh does finish off the mystery, when I read the last few pages I was not sure whether this was the final book in the series - it didn't seem like it should be but I had heard that this was a trilogy. My confusion was cleared up by checking out Silver's website, there are two more Otherkin books coming in 2011. Good news. I have really been enjoying Silver's Otherkin series, I love that the heroines of these books are as dangerous as the heroes and I have been fascinated by the bits of death myths from various cultures that Silver has woven into the story and will definitely be on the lookout for Silver's next offerings.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sins of the Flesh.