Ryan Barton's Reviews > For One More Day

For One More Day by Mitch Albom

Jan 13, 08

Read in January, 2008

Eh. Not sure what the big deal is with this guy. This book was...OK. I cannot say that I liked it a great deal, nor can I say I detested it. The author is a good storyteller, has a good command of structure and the craft of writing, and does not strike me as being anything less than the consummate professional. Picasso was rumoured to have the ability to draw a "perfect circle" freehand; the resulting line is not necessarily a great work of art.

I suppose the nature of the material just was not something I could relate well with. I tried mightily, but in the end I felt very detached from the events and the characters. I ended the book with a small sigh of relief, put it up on a shelf, and eagerly picked up a book I had only partially read to see if I could still connect with something more to my liking.

Fair warning: if you are a son that feels he has wronged his mother, bring some tissues with you to your reading room should you pick up this tome.

Unfair warning: if the above does not apply to you, or you are a mother and your son is just fine by your reckoning, bring some cards or something to your reading room in order to keep yourself entertained.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For One More Day.