Tiffany's Reviews > Angel Time

Angel Time by Anne Rice

Oct 23, 10

Read from October 04 to 19, 2010

This is the first Anne Rice book I've actually read all the way through in awhile. Some of her latest books have not been appealing to me lately. But the subject of angels really grabbed me. I enjoyed the main character and his dilemma of good vs. evil, esp. since he's a hit man. I loved the descriptions of the Mission Inn and San Juan Capistrano. I want to visit the Mission Inn now. I love visiting places described in her books. The adventure of visiting the past was interesting, and I'm looking forward to the sequel to see where the angel takes Toby next.

I didn't rate it as high as some of her other books mostly because I think it's less engaging than her other vampire books. Though Toby is a killer like the vampire characters, he's not as enrapturing as Lestat and Louise. But I do recommend this book since it still has her brilliant writing style, and creates enough of a reaction that you want to read the next book. The sequel comes out in Nov. 2010. Can't wait.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Time.

10/04/2010 page 42
12.0% "Was interested to see how one of my favorite authors writes regarding angels. It's good to get lost in her prose again."
10/11/2010 page 126
35.0% "Different kind of characters and plot, but definitely Anne Rice. Enjoying her storytelling ability."