Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Dreamfever

Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning

Posted on Under the Covers

MONING KNOWS HOW TO FUCK WITH ME!

She expertly teases you to the point of sobbing, until you’re dying from anticipation. When you think you know what to expect, she completely turns you for a loop and you are left feeling exasperated. But even when you don’t think you can handle anymore, her writing gnaws at you until you give in to your next fix.

I’ve grown mad over this series and I wouldn’t have it any other way!!

DREAMFEVER was my favourite of the Fever series. Reading about Mac again was such a thrilling ride! She’s definitely one of my favourite heroines in UF. After the ending in Faefever, I nearly lost it. I sprinted to my shelves to grab Dreamfever and read the first two chapters. The emotions rolled through me but still, I found I way to stop myself. I purposely waited until the release of Shadowfever so that I wouldn’t have to wait such a long period between books.With how Dreamfever ended, I’m sooo damn glad I waited this long! Shadowfever is patiently waiting on my ereader at the moment and I am so eager to devour it next!

Mac is such a fierce heroine! I absolutely loved reading from her POV. I loved the differences in writing style when she was Pri-ya and then later on for the rest of the book. I don’t think I can rave about her enough! Love her!

Then there’s Dani whom I fecking adore! I seriously love this kid. She has some of the best lines in the book. Here’s one of my favourites:

"I been wearing sandals a lot, even though it's cold. What a way to go: death-by-shoe Shade. I grin. I have a black sense of humor. You try living my life, see what color yours turns."

The fact that some of the early chapters are from her POV was great! I can’t get enough of her!

Barrons aka the love of my life - I never thought I would be so infatuated with a fictional character like him, but I am. You can probably guess which my favourite scenes with him were. Probably the most interesting thing was when Mac got glimpses into Barrons mind. So worth reading the series just for those little moments.

I could go on forever. Seriously. But I’ll stop for now.

Shadowfever...YOU’RE MINE!!

Favourite Quote:
“I was talking to V’lane, old woman, not you.”
“He doesn’t answer to you.”
“Really?” I laughed. “You think he answers to you?” Only a fool would think a Fae Prince answered to anyone. Especially when one needed one.
“Are you fighting over me, MacKayla? I find this...attractive.” V’lane tossed his golden head. “I have seen this in humans before. It is called jealousy.”
“If that’s what you think, you have a problem interpreting subtle human emotions. It’s not called jealously. It’s called ‘you’re pissing me off’”
“Possessiveness.”
“My ass.”
“Is far more shapely than last I saw it.”
“She’s been working out,” Dani snickered.
“You have no business at it,” I said.
“But Barrons does?” The temperature in the room dropped sharply.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamfever.

01/19/2011
35.0% "Yeah, think it's time I get started on this one!"
01/20/2011
50.0% ""I been wearing sandals a lot, even though it's cold. What a way to go: death-by-shoe Shade. I grin. I have a black sense of humor.You try living my life, see what color yours turns." LMAO! I fecking love Dani!" 2 comments
01/20/2011
75.0% "My eyes burn, but I can't stop reading!" 4 comments
07/26/2012
75.0% "Listening to audiobook! So fecking hot."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

valee One of my top fav books if it's not the first,lol! I loved this one!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yeah? I've heard really good things about this series. I wanna check it out! What are your other favs?

valee This are my favs:

And this ones were books that obsessed me, that I couldn't put them down until I was done:

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Wow! Thanks, it's such an exhaustive list. I'll be sure to check these out!

valee lol. I know, but after reading almost 400 books I just can't have less than 100 books as favs. I tried but I loved all those too much.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOL. I know how you feel. Don't worry. I'm exactly the same way.

Rhonda So are you going right into Shadowfever??? I'm glad you liked it!!!

message 9: by Rhonda (last edited Jan 20, 2011 05:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rhonda I loove your review!!!! It
was the best of the series.....so far, I'm sure you're gonna catch me, Still a little over 100 pages in, c'mon girl!! Of course I gotta work all fecking day tomorrow!!!
No more GR or twitter tonight!!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOL! LIES!! Of course you'll be on twitter and GR!

I think I'll start it tonight or tomorrow. I'm also reading this erotica romance at the same time so it might take me longer!

THANKS!

DarienMoya Man this was the book. I want Barrons like I need water. The ending gave me a heart attack and I read it in 2009, so just imagine the torture it was. *Shadow fuckin Fever* baby.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LMAO! Yeah, I know what you mean. This has got me thinking about it alll freaking day. I knew I would die at the end, so I kept myself from reading it. Discipline,baby!I can hardly iamgine what you went through!

Laura the Highland Hussy Love your review!!!

Ally72 Love your review, Annie!!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thank you Karolina! Barrons *sigh* I know, me neither! Makes me sad just thinking about it!

Amanda The Book Slayer That us so true. :0)

Paula Looks like you have the FEVER! Fabulous review! I do love me some Barron's! :)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I do!!! Ah man, I adore Barron's :) thanks Paula!

message 22: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth Awesome book! Wonderful review :D.

Raquel Okay, I'm on Chapter 9, of this book. I love Barron's. Earlier in the book when he said "your leaving me Rainbow Girl" I cried....I want the fairy tale love for him & Mac!!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Awww keep reading, Raquel :)