Cynthia's Reviews > Rebel

Oct 17, 2010

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, fallen-angels, sci-fi
Recommended for: Paranormal, sci-fi Romance Readers
Read from October 05 to 11, 2010 , read count: Once

Armand, the former angel Armaros, sacrificed his wings and his immortality to descend to earth to fulfill a mission in the divine plan to save humanity from itself. He immediately regrets his choice as he feels he was deceived into making the decision.

Theodora lives outside of the system. Her passion - earning the “cred” she needs to keep those she cares about out of the hands of The Society. No matter the cost and trusting no one but herself. That all changes when she meets Armand.

It is a volatile meeting for Armand and Theodora. Their conflicting agendas and diverse personalities clash at every turn. Even though Armand has lost his wings, he is still an angel in every moral sense. Whereas, Theodora believes in the power of “cred” and what it can buy if a person has enough of it. The growth of these two very powerful characters as they learn to let go and love is pure joy, but that is only one part of this delicious story.

Although listed primarily as paranormal romance, it has elements of sci-fi and urban fantasy. It didn’t take me long to acquaint myself with this great world set in the year 2100. Ms. Delacroix did an incredible job of world building. I didn’t have to read the first two in the Prometheus Project Trilogy to understand the terminology: words such as wraith and shade came naturally. I will admit this is a book I normally wouldn’t pick-up in a bookstore as urban fantasy isn’t my cup-o-tea, but I do enjoy a good sci-fi every now and then. I won REBEL in a giveaway, and I am so glad that I just didn’t put it on the TBR for another day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rebel.

10/05/2010 "Starting today."
10/06/2010
5.0% "Yep ~~ hook, line and sinker.
From page 41: Theodora was livid. She had been taken captive by the most gorgeous man she had ever seen, one who also happened to be an idiot."
10/07/2010
47.0% "From page 159: What kind of creatures were the people who could do this, who could document this abomination, who could even stand in this hall of horrors? If this was humanity, what was the point of saving them? They were all lost souls already, these people who had made the world into their own hell."
10/09/2010
71.0% "From page 249: He was different from other men she had known, fully equipped with an enviable moral code and a determination to keep his word. He was kind, a quality Theodora had never seen before in any human. She could trust him."