Bookaholics's Reviews > Our Wicked Mistake

Sep 30, 10

Our Wicked Mistake by Emma Wildes
Historical Romance – Oct. 5th, 2010
3 ½ Stars

Our Wicked Mistake is the second book in the exciting new Notorious Bachelors series. This book tells the story of Luke Daudet, the notorious Viscount Altea who is summoned out of the blue by a former lover who desperately needs his help. Despite only having spent one night with the lady he has never forgotten, Madeline May. Madeline is the widowed Lady Brewer. And she is in terrible trouble. She calls upon Luke for his help because although he left her after only one night together she knows that he is a man she can trust. Madeline is in desperate difficulty when a case of blackmail turns into murder and she will need all the aid she can get from Luke to save her reputation and possibly even her life! As these two former lovers are forced to work and find out who is out to destroy her they cannot seem to help being drawn to each other and their desire for each other grows.

Emma Wildes does a fantastic job of creating appealing characters that have real depth. I especially liked the 2 main characters having some back history with each other which made them more developed and interesting to read. The story in this novel had a good mix of romance along with intriguing situations that made the whole story more exciting and thrilling. My only compliant is that this story had a bit of a slow start but once it got going it really picked up and made for a very fun read.

If you are looking for a story that is both romantic and exciting I would recommend trying this new book in the Notorious Bachelor series.

Reviewed by Mary from Bookaholics Book Club

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Our Wicked Mistake.