Eric Moreno's Reviews > Faith of the Fallen

Faith of the Fallen by Terry Goodkind

Sep 30, 2010

bookshelves: fantasy, favorites

** spoiler alert ** I had to review my favorite of the Sword of Truth series. This series is great, and its not the story which is pretty standard fantasy. The thing that made this series just great in my opinion is the characters. I love Kahlan and her boy toy Richard. Zedd cracks me up on the regular. Cara is sassy, and her mord sith are just fantastic. Nicci is an excellent villain and an even more amazing ally. Captain Meifert, standing up to the mord sith, the set on this guy! Darken Rahl, what a great villain. Shota, Six, the sisters light and dark, Warren, Chase, and even the dream walker. Just classic characters up and down, all treading dangerously close to grey rather than black or white (except Richard, aka mister clean).

I loved every part of this story, the recovery, Zedd arriving at the camp, the battle before the Kahlan arrives, the ass kicking Cara and Kahlan dish out(riding up on that horse all bad ass!), even Richard slowly turning the people of the order against their masters and completely shattering Nicci's illusions. Just front to back this is a great story and I have read it several times. Probably will again. It made the whole twelve book saga worth it, even though there are several books in there that are not good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faith of the Fallen.