Mandee's Reviews > A Salute to Spanish Poetry: 100 Masterpieces from Spain & Latin America Rendered Into English Verse

A Salute to Spanish Poetry by John Howard Reid

Oct 11, 10

bookshelves: first-reads
Read in October, 2010

Thank you, thank you, thank you, John, for picking me as one of the winners for this book!

I haven't read a poetry book since I was a kid and this one really intrigued me when I saw it as a giveaway. Lately I've been interested in reading some good latin(a/o) literature and the prospect of doing it through well translated poetry is exciting! I can't wait to start this when it arrives :).

It arrived so fast! I think the order was put in the same day we won the giveaway... and on the invoice was the sweetest note from the author. I don't have it with me right now but when I add a more detailed review I'll make sure I add it.

I've been sick for the past five days so I'm not going to force myself to right a full review right not, but I am going to say that I thought this was a great poetry anthology. I can't imagine it's easy to translate regular literature well, let alone poetry, but from what I can tell John Howard Reid did a great job.

I'll add more later, but I just wanted to say thank you again to John, for choosing me as a giveaway winner for his book :).
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Salute to Spanish Poetry.