David Biondi's Reviews > 33 A.D.

33 A.D. by David McAfee

Oct 05, 10

bookshelves: alt-history, fantasy, vampires
Read from September 30 to October 04, 2010

Like most of my new author finds, Amazon recommended this book to me. I was kind of skeptical at first because I consider myself kinda religious so I didn't know how I would feel about this book. After reading it my faith is still intact and I really enjoyed it. The story takes place right around the time of the last supper and ends with the resurrection. I really like McAfee's take on vampires. In his world, there is a cult of vampires silently pulling the strings on the Roman empire and Jesus is putting a wrench in the spokes so to speak. I don't want to give away to much but the If you know the story of the crucifixion you know what's going to happen. What you don't know is how McAfee takes the story and spins it to a believable tale if there were in fact vampires in the world. One thing I really enjoy is books is a good back story. Most of the vampires in this book are over 500 years old and I would have liked to seen more detail about how they were created or how each one was turned. Aside from that I have no complaints for this book. I really hope he ended it the way he did with the intention of writing more books with the same characters. But wait...Jesus dies how can he write a squeal? You'll just have to read and find out.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 33 A.D..

10/02/2010 page 102

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new) - added it

David McAfee Thank you for this review, David. I'm glad you enjoyed the book and that it didn't offend. I spent a lot of time worrying about that.

If you are reading on an eReading device, my book Saying Goodbye to the Sun goes into a little more detail about the creation of the Bachiyr race. It's not available in print, though. At least not yet.

I am in the middle of a sequel for 33 AD. It takes place in Londinium (London) in 61 AD. Theron, Taras, and Ramah are all there, as well as a few new characters. I'm hoping to have it available by early Spring.

David Biondi Awesome I will check out that ebook soon and I can't wait for your sequel!