Anna's Reviews > The Demon King

The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima

Sep 21, 11

bookshelves: kindle, fantasy
Read on October 01, 2010

I really enjoyed The Demon King. Using my new Kindle, I downloaded a free sample of the first chapter. The writing style was good and I knew that I would enjoy reading it, so with one click I bought The Demon King on my kindle and went to town. I have to say that this story is definitely character driven. I am a fan of good character development, and I have often been accused of enjoying long boring material mainly because I love good character development. This almost had too much for me. I felt when I was reading it that I was climbing a huge hill. I could feel that the story kept building and building towards something great. I was 50% through the book before something happened, and somehow, I was ok with that. The story follows two very different characters that you feel are going to be connected in some way. I think it is a very good coming of age story in many ways. A young princess sees what the world is really like in the slums. It talks of cultural issues from people in different lands, and there is always the balance of power… Going to go click my kindle for book 2. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon King.