Rachael's Reviews > The Princess and the Hound

The Princess and the Hound by Mette Ivie Harrison

Feb 09, 11

bookshelves: historical, fantasy, fiction, middle-grade, young-adult
Read in February, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I was pulled into the plot within the first few pages and by the time I was 3/4 done, I couldn't wait to see how it ended. Confession time: I often read the last few pages of books because I want to know what happens at the end and to make sure that it will have a happy ending. DO NOT DO THAT with this book. There is a awesome plot twist part way through the book that you may or may not see coming (depending on how perceptive you are and how far into the story you are when you contemplate reading the end, if you're like me) - and you shouldn't ruin that for yourself.
The story is evenly-paced, interesting, and sweet. The relationships George has with the various people in his life are well-done and I found myself caring about many of the characters - even rooting for some of the side characters when necessary.
I can't think of a good way to sum up the plot of this book, so I'll let the publisher's description do that for me. Though the book is not perfect, and though I still had a few lingering questions at the end, if I could go back and do it over, I would totally read this again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Princess and the Hound.