Eleni ( La Femme Readers )'s Reviews > Intrinsical

Intrinsical by Lani Woodland

Mar 10, 11

Read from September 29 to November 09, 2010

From beginning to end, Intrinsical swayed me with its poetic quality and satisfied my supernatural appetite. Lani's debut is truly a diamond in the rough. I love when an imagined world comes to life in my mind, especially when it's a book that flies under the radar waiting for us to seize it. Authors like Lani and many others, shine through there writing ability. They definitely break the mold of some people's skepticism behind small published writers. Moving on, the ghost love story presented in Intrinsical was captivating and original. The whole idea behind Yara's boarding school paranormal curse was perfectly executed. It had just the right amount of spooky scenes and mystery to move along the story with great anticipation.

Yara, is a spunky protagonist who later awakens her inner abilities to communicate with ghosts. Her likability factor was strong which helped me connect with her on an emotional level. While attending school at Pendrell with her best friend Cherie (which I loved by the way too), she meets Brent. What an awesome guy! I absolutely adored the character definition behind Yara and Brent. The romantic chemistry between the two unquestionably grabbed my heart, even during their unfortunate predicament. Brent's observant and intuitive personality made him realistic. The natural vibe throughout their blooming relationship was a breath of fresh air. All in all, I simply cannot wait to see what happens in the sequel! I am eager to continue on this journey with Yara. Lani, is not only a phenomenal artist (she photographed the model for her cover!) but, a great storyteller as well.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intrinsical.