Jane Stewart's Reviews > Mona Lisa Awakening

Mona Lisa Awakening by Sunny

Sep 28, 10

bookshelves: erotic-paranormal-romance, 4-plus-star-erotic-romance
Read in January, 2008

4 1/2 stars. Liked it a lot. Definitely recommend it.

It had a good story and some good characters which is unusual for erotica. I plan to read more of this series. Story brief: The Monere people have powers and magic abilities humans don't have. The Monere live among humans, but humans don't know they are different. Queens rule territories. Mona Lisa was part Monere and part human and was left in an orphanage at birth. When she is 21, she meets Gryphon and realizes an unusual power exists between them. She stays with him and starts learning of the Monere world and is later accepted as one of the queens. She is in danger several times during the story. I enjoyed the side story about Prince Halcyon. I was surprised with the relationships Mona Lisa eventually had with Gryphon, Amber and Halcyon. I found that creative. I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't go into any more detail. Sexual language: strong. Number of sex scenes: ten. There are some references to rape and one semi-graphic rape scene. Setting: current day New York City and Bennington, Minnesota. Genre: erotica and paranormal romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mona Lisa Awakening.