Jane Stewart's Reviews > The Temptation

The Temptation by Samantha Sommersby

Sep 28, 10

bookshelves: erotic-paranormal-romance
Read in July, 2009

I liked this. It was well done. There were some good lines. It’s a fun, short erotic story about wolf shape-shifters.

STORY BRIEF:
A year ago, Jake had a rock-climbing accident. He was rescued by some wolf shape-shifters who accidentally turned him into a shifter. He’s still trying to figure out how to live in this new world and whether he should be part of their pack. He sees Allison, who is wounded and stranded in a deep ravine during a snowstorm. Jake rescues her. They start to fall for each other. A rogue werewolf serial killer is after someone in the pack.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
This is book four in the series and the best of the four. The first three books are about vampires. This is about wolf shape-shifters. You do not need to read the first three to enjoy it. This book is told from Jake’s perspective, which is different and fine. I was impressed with the first sex scene - hot and excellent. I enjoyed Jake trying to get Allison to talk dirty.

I noticed one reviewer complained that not enough was written about the serial killer. She also complained that the existence of other paranormal creatures was “dumped” into the story with no warning. Those things didn’t bother me. I just enjoyed the time spent with this fun cowboy character Jake. The book is only 172 pages which is not enough time to get into other characters and their stories. Most romance novels are almost twice as long, which allows more time to do that.

I’m tired of so many romance novels using vague communication and inaccurate assumptions to cause fights and conflict. This had none of that, which was refreshing.

DATA:
Story length: 172 pages. Swearing language: strong. Sexual language: strong/erotic. Number of sex scenes: 3, each several pages long. Setting: current day Yosemite Park, California and Waco, Texas. Copyright: 2009. Genre: erotic paranormal romance.

OTHER BOOKS:
To date, I’ve read the following Samantha Sommersby books.
2 stars. Forbidden: The Claim (Bk 1). Copyrt 2006. Review Date 7/10/09.
2 stars. Forbidden: The Awakening (Bk2). Copyrt 2007. Review Date 7/10/09.
3 stars. Forbidden: The Revolution (Bk 3). Copyrt 2007. Review Date 7/10/09.
4 stars. Forbidden: The Temptation (Bk 4). Copyrt 2009. Review Date 7/2/09.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Temptation.