Jane Stewart's Reviews > Naked in Death

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb

Sep 28, 10

bookshelves: mystery
Read in July, 2008

I know it's a mystery, but I was hoping for more romance.

This is not a romance novel. It is a mystery. I don’t like the mystery genre, and I try not to read them. The only reason I read this was because it was written by Nora Roberts, a romance novelist. I really liked two of her romance novels, so I thought I’d try this. It’s not for me. Readers who like mysteries would probably like it and would rate it much higher than I did. Since almost all of my reviews are for romance novels, this 2 star review is meant to say that this book will not satisfy readers looking for romance. There is a subplot of a romantic relationship that begins, and apparently, will continue to move forward in future books. A few sex scenes were good. During the reading, I wanted the book to be over, but that may be because it is a mystery and not a romance. I’m not sure.

Story brief: Three prostitutes have been killed by a serial rapist/murderer. Eve is the cop investigating. The first victim is the granddaughter of a senator. The senator exerts political pressure on her. She meets Roarke, who is a suspect in the case. He is attracted to her and helps her.

Sexual language: strong. Number of sex scenes: six. Setting: around 2058 New York City. Copyright: 1995. Genre: mystery.

For a listing of my reviews of other Nora Roberts and J.D. Robb books, see my 4 star review of "Angels Fall" posted on 6/30/08.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked in Death.