Jane Stewart's Reviews > Midnight Angel

Midnight Angel by Lisa Marie Rice

Sep 28, 10

bookshelves: erotic-romantic-suspense
Read in March, 2009

3.5 stars. Blind woman and ugly man fall in love. A psycho is scaring her and plans to kill her.

STORY BRIEF:
Allegra is a singer who reminds me of Enya. Her manager Corey is giving her bad advice. When Allegra breaks her contract with Corey, Corey kills her father and beats Allegra causing her blindness and amnesia. Corey is in a psychiatric prison. Corey arranges for someone to stalk, scare and try to kill Allegra.

Doug is a former Navy SEAL, naturally ugly plus scarred and disfigured by war. He is enchanted when he first hears Allegra sing. He loves music, and they have that in common. They meet and fall in love. He loves taking care of her needs due to blindness.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
This is the third book in the Midnight series. It was nice. I liked it, but I liked the first book (Midnight Man) the best. Midnight Angel can be read as a stand alone, but if you’re thinking of reading all three, then they should be read in order. The male and female characters are similar in all of her books: strong, protective, needs-a-lot-of-sex alpha warrior with beautiful, delicate, talented, compassionate, good-person heroine. I loved the ending in Midnight Man. The ending in this book regarding the bad guy had a similarity but I was less comfortable with it. I don’t want to give anything away so I won’t say more. I loved the opening scene and events with the armed thieves. I enjoyed the way Doug guided Allegra around obstacles as they walked. I also enjoyed the way Doug taught Allegra military techniques for describing locations, for example Charlie Green 2 o’clock.

DATA:
Story length: 272 pages. Swearing language: strong. Sexual language: strong but nothing kinky. Number of sex scenes: 5. Total number of sex scene pages: 44. Setting: Portland, Oregon. Copyright: 2005. Genre: erotic romantic suspense.

OTHER BOOKS:
For a list of my reviews of other Lisa Marie Rice books, see my 4.5 star review of “Midnight Man” posted 3/17/09.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Angel.