Iowa City Public Library's Reviews > Wicked Appetite

Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich

Sep 28, 10

bookshelves: fiction, kara, staff-picks-blog
Read in September, 2010

Janet Evanovich fans will enjoy the first novel in her Unmentionable Series, Wicked Appetite, that features the character Diesel from the “In Between The Numbers” Plum series. Ancient Stones coveted by treasure hunters over the centuries have made their way to Salem, Massachusetts and cupcake baker Lizzy Tucker has special skills that help find the stones. Diesel is sent to protect Lizzy as bad guy Gerwulf Grimoire is hunting for clues to find the stones. The ancient stones are tied to the Seven Deadly Sins; consequently, clues take the form of pride, greed, lust, envy, wrath, sloth and gluttony.

Of course it would not be an Evanovich book with out crazy sideline stories and zany characters. Lizzy’s house, inherited from her Aunt Ophelia, may be haunted and guys from the local Spook Patrol are camped out on Lizzy’s lawn. Lizzy’s friend Glo is convinced that she has witch-like abilities and Carl, the monkey from previous Evanovich books, ends up in Lizzy’s care.

I thought this book was very funny and my family wondered what was going on when at points I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my cheeks. If you are looking for entertainment that doesn’t take a lot of thought, this is a great book. ~Enjoy~ --Kara From ICPL Staff Picks Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Appetite.