Jane Stewart's Reviews > Eyes of Stone

Eyes of Stone by Tara Nina

Sep 28, 10

bookshelves: erotic-fantasy-romance
Read in December, 2009

The story is ok, but the primary purpose of the book is for erotic, sensual sex scenes of which there are plenty.

STORY BRIEF:
Izzy owns an internet café in a small village in Scotland. She has short spiky hair and wears Goth style clothing. Ian MacKinnon and his six brothers were turned into stone statues 200 years earlier. Izzy finds the statue of Ian, and learns the magic words to free him. He becomes human at night but returns to stone during the day. Ian is drawn to Izzy, but he doesn’t trust women because he was hurt by one in the past. This is book 2 in the Gargoyle series. In book 1, Gavin was a statue, turned into human form by a woman he ends up loving. Ian and Gavin together want to find and kill Leod. Leod is a descendant of the man who initially cursed the brothers. He has magical abilities and is searching for a book of black magic to increase his powers. I assume book 3 will be about a third brother whose statue is found and turned into a man.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
As can be expected from Ellora’s Cave there are plenty of erotic graphic sex scenes including self pleasuring, rear door activity and men with men. The scenes are sensual and good if that’s what you’re looking for. Storywise, I found it reasonably enjoyable, but nothing to make it really stand out from other fantasy stories. I was bothered by a couple of events in the story which follow. I was annoyed that a communication problem continued too long when it could have been easily solved. A and B had a problem. C knew how to solve the problem, but C wouldn’t tell A and B. They were all on the same side and close to each other, so this bothered me. I also didn’t like a fight scene. Two guys were fighting. The good guy was about to win, but he got called away for a reason which seemed too convenient. This allowed the bad guy to escape. Another annoyance is the cover. Ian has long dark hair, but the guy on the cover has something similar to a crew cut.

DATA:
Story length: 194 pages. Swearing language: moderate (including religious swear words). Number of sex scenes: 9. Total number of sex scene pages: 21. Setting: current day village in Scotland and London, England. Copyright: 2009. Genre: erotic fantasy romance

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eyes of Stone.