Jane Stewart's Reviews > Sheala

it was ok
bookshelves: erotic-paranormal-sci-fi-romance
Read in August, 2008

Ok, but not recommended.

This started out pretty good, but I began losing interest midway through the book. There were a number of interesting ideas and events, but somehow they weren’t put together in a way that kept my interest or made me care enough about them. The characters are human with some animal DNA mixed in. They live on different planets. Marljas has claws, a tail and a face with lion features. Sheala is more human looking but has a tail. Sheala lives on the planet Drakan where sexual promiscuity and public nudity is the norm. Marljas is from the planet Gattan, where women wear clothes that cover them and are not promiscuous. Gattan visits Drakan for trade negotiations, meets and falls in love with Sheala.

CAUTION SPOILERS:
Sheala loses her virginity to Gattan. She is then kidnapped by Bakom where she is beaten and raped. Gattan rescues her and marries her. While she is going through the healing process from the rape she is afraid to have sex with Gattan. Meanwhile, Kadis wants to marry Gattan and is causing trouble. A subplot involves Sosha who had been kidnapped and held by Bakom for a year. During that year, she was tortured, raped and drugged to addiction. I wanted to see justice done to the person who arranged for the kidnapping of Sosha and the kidnapper himself. This was not resolved at the end of the book. Another subplot involves threats against the Gattan Queen.

DATA:
Sexual language: strong/erotic. Number of sex scenes: five. Setting: unknown time on other planets. Copyright: 2006. Genre: erotic paranormal romance with some science fiction.

OTHER BOOKS:
For a list of my reviews of other Judy Mays books, see my 5 star review of A Breath of Heat posted 8/30/08.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sheala.