Marisa's Reviews > The Crowded Shadows

The Crowded Shadows by Celine Kiernan

Sep 28, 2010

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from September 28 to 29, 2010

The second book of the Moorehawke trilogy was a very good follow-up to The Poison Throne. Wynter has escaped the tyrany of King Jonathan, leaving her father to a lonely death, in search of rebellious Prince Alberon, the legitimate heir to Jonathan's throne. Though her father trained her constantly for the day she would be truly on her own and must defend herself, Wynter quickly finds all matter of skills tested beyond the walls of the castle and things don't improve by much upon reuniting with Prince Razi and the exotic and likable Christopher.

This book is heavy on the action and this reader found herself exhausted for it. Not that The Poison Throne was anything to be laughed at, there was plenty of intrigue there, but The Crowded Shadows added quite a bit more physicality to the brew and I often found myself thinking "Can't these poor creatures get a break?"

I may be taking a break myself before walking into the third installment, The Rebel Prince where (I would assume) this mysterious Prince Alberon will finally make an appearance.

All in all, a very good read that didn't let me stray far.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crowded Shadows.