Paula Freda's Reviews > Meant To Be

Meant To Be by Ruth Ann Nordin

Sep 28, 10

Read in July, 2010

"Meant To Be" is a warm, sensitive and enjoyable read. I was hooked from the beginning. Ruth Ann Nordin has an undeniable wit, along with a deep, sincere understanding of human nature, that she successfully weaves through her stories, both short and long. I like the way she places her characters in specific situations and let's them work it out. A time travel romance, what I liked most about this book, was how the author showed the difference in men and women's attitude towards each other in the the mid-west in 1898 as compared to today. And why marriages actually lasted lifetimes as compared to many that don't make it today. Those were simpler times, albeit harder times, but there were less distractions and more time to learn to care for each other, as happens to Ruth's main characters, Ted and Megan, pulled from the modern world back to the old one, at times bringing tears to my eyes, and other times laughter. Mrs. Nordin's subordinate characters are as fully developed and interesting as her main characters and often form couples in subsequent books, as is the case with Cole and Penelope who will have their own tale told in "A Chance in Time".

I'm looking forward to reading more of this fine author's works.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meant To Be.