Kereesa's Reviews > Fire

Fire by Kristin Cashore

Sep 30, 10

bookshelves: favorites, young-adult, 2010-september-to-december, own, romance, high-fantasy, friendship, grrl-power, own-hardcovers
Read in September, 2010 — I own a copy

Graceling's companion novel doesn't disappoint! Characters: Beau-tiful. I enjoyed everyone of these darlings ♥ (even if I did miss my Katsa and Po) Plot: Excellent. Unsurprisingly full of action and adventure but soul-searching as well. :) Writing: it was le awesome. Not as good as Graceling (that might be because I have a huge crush on K and P though) but perfect in every other way, Fire was a great novel and an excellent sequel to keep me waiting for the third in this trilogy. 4.5/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire.

Quotes Kereesa Liked

Kristin Cashore
“It's not reasonable to love people who are only going to die," she said.
Nash thought about that for a moment, stroking Small's neck with great deliberation, as if the fate of the Dells depended on that smooth, careful movement.
"I have two responses to that," He said at last. "First, everyone is going to die. Second, love is stupid. It has nothing to do with reason. You love whomever you love. Against all reason I loved my father." He looked at her keenly. "Did you love yours?"
"Yes," she whispered.
He stroked Small's nose. "I love you," he said, "even knowing you'll never have me. And I love my brother, more than I ever realized before you came along. You can't help whom you love, Lady. Nor can you know what it's liable to cause you to do.”

Kristin Cashore
“Great! He has indigestion, so let's torture him with cake.”
tags: fire

Kristin Cashore
“Brigan," she said, annoyed that he had not understood.
"I’ll always be beautiful. Look at me. I have one hundred and sixty two bug bites, and has it made me any less beautiful? I’m missing two fingers and I have scars all over, but does anyone care? No! It just makes me more interesting! I’ll always be like this, stuck in this beautiful form, and you’ll have to deal with it."
He seemed to sense that she expected a grave response, but for the moment, he was incapable. "I suppose it’s a burden I must bear," he said, grinning.”

Kristin Cashore
“Well then," Roen said briskly, "are you sleeping?"
"Yes."
"Come now. A mother can tell when her son lies. Are you eating?"
"No," Brigan said gravely. "I've not eaten in two months. It's a hunger strike to protest the spring flooding in the south."
"Gracious," Roen said, reaching for the fruit bowl. "Have an apple, dear.”

Kristin Cashore
“All right," Clara said. "We have our swordsman, so let's get moving. Brigan, could you attempt, at least, to make yourself presentable? I know this is a war, but the rest of us are trying to pretend it's a party.”

Kristin Cashore
“You're the queen, and it's the queen's house, and whatever Brigan may accomplish, he's highly unlikely ever to be queen.”