Laurie Garrison 's Reviews > The Year of Living Scandalously

Sep 27, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: historical-romance
Read from October 20 to 23, 2010

A scandalously good mystery with an added scandal adventure, who can resist a great scandal, not me;) I enjoyed the story, but it did tend to be slow along with the romance. The last chapter left me saying “I freaking want the next book NOW!!” This is not a sexual tension hot romance, the romance builds as you read actually these two don’t really get along well until past the middle of the book. I liked the surprises and the setting, I think it a good start to a series.

Keria swaps places with Lily. So Lily the now countess goes to Italy and Keria goes and plays Countess, but when she gets to the estate she knows she has really made a mistake. She now has to much on her plate to take care of. For one its very hard to keep pretending to be Lily then when she finds Declan there it makes it worse because he knows she is not Lily. She ask him for help to find out who really sold the jewels, he denies her at first, then he caves and helps. The more Declan helps with the investigation the more he ends up getting involved with Keria. Its made it more of an interesting read to see how deep Keria gets into things before Lily shows up.

I liked Keria, but Declan not so much his is typical man that doesn’t want to be tied down in anyway, so you know he gets some side sex, at least these two are not in a relationship when his is with the other lady . He’s not helpful at first and he does everything to turn her away. I also had a problem with the way the h/h was just cut off at the end, they get a HEA but it was just to short.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year of Living Scandalously.

Comments (showing 1-9)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Bark's Book Nonsense I get the vibe this one ends on a cliffhanger? I hate that.

Laurie Garrison Yes, its a big one. The h/h in this book gets there HEA, so the cliffhanger is for the next couple.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I had this in my hands and Borders the other day, but honestly, I've never read anything by this author yet and because I need a little bit of sexual tension or steaminess in my stories, and didn't know what to expect from her, I put it back.

Laurie Garrison UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I had this in my hands and Borders the other day, but honestly, I've never read anything by this author yet and because I need a little bit of sexual tension or steaminess in my stories, and didn't..."

You may want to wait for more reviews on this one or mabye wait until book two comes out to see how it goes. This is my first book by this author too, she writes good as in detail. I hope her next book is a little better as in the steaminess.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Laurie. I'll do just that, plus I'll wait for reviews on the next book to see if it's a trend, or a fluke.

Laura the Highland Hussy I've been thinking about getting this one from netgalley, maybe I still will-it sounds like something I'd enjoy

Laurie Garrison Laurie-Highland Hussy wrote: "I've been thinking about getting this one from netgalley, maybe I still will-it sounds like something I'd enjoy"

I think you would. There is a lot of information in this book for the next book. I hope you enjoy it.

Laura the Highland Hussy thanks, Laurie :)

Cynthia I've passed on this one. Enough on the list as it is.