Emanuela ~plastic duck~'s Reviews > Visions of Heat

Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh

Nov 07, 10

bookshelves: paranormal
Read from October 31 to November 07, 2010

I liked this book better than the first installment Slave to Sensation. The two books are very very similar in their structure: the hot changeling Alpha hero and the cold Psy heroine; the threat to the heroine, perceived as a flaw in her mental state; the Council and its politics and machinations; the slow gaining of trust between the hero with his Pack members and the heroine.

Maybe its because I already knew about the world that the author has been building, but I enjoyed this second book a lot, once I got past the first 30%. I think books are more interesting when the bad guys are not entirely bad. The Psy people, which were portrayed in the first book as irredeemable, are not an indistinct mass of cold killers, there is someone who seems to have a personality. The concept of the Psy Net was developed more fully and I think there's a lot of potential in the series because of this. We also get to know a few secondary characters who are really interesting.

Vaughn and Faith are a good leading couple, even if probably Sascha and Lucas from the previous book had more chemistry, but the way they come together is sweet and compelling.

The world created by Nalini Singh is becoming more and more fascinating and I'll read Caressed By Ice, because I am really curious about Judd, the Psy who was able to abandon the Psy Net before Sascha.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Visions of Heat.

11/01/2010
11/05/2010
7.0% "It's not easy to warm up to a Psy, had the same issue with the first book."
11/06/2010