Robyn's Reviews > Genuine Lies

Genuine Lies by Nora Roberts

Oct 02, 10

bookshelves: i-own-it, nora-roberts
Read from September 27 to 30, 2010

loving this book so far. One of the earlier books and enjoyed it very much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Genuine Lies.

Quotes Robyn Liked

Nora Roberts
“Eve rose stiffly when he strode out of the house. In silence, she watched Julia look after him. "The male ego," Eve murmured as she crossed the room to put an arm around Julia's shoulders. "It's a huge and fragile thing. I always envision it as an enormous penis made of thin glass.”

Nora Roberts
“I wonder if you can understand, I never really knew what it was to want, until you.”

Nora Roberts
“She forced herself to...turn and face him. It was easier with the width of the room between them. "I wanted to be able to take this relationship at face value, to enjoy it for what it was.... And I wanted to be sure I could walk away when it was over, completely unscathed. The problem is I can't. When you walked in this morning, all I could think was how much I'd wanted to see you, how much I'd missed you, how unhappy I'd because we were angry at each other."
She stopped, straightened her shoulders. He was grinning at her, rocking back and forth on his heels. In a minute she was sure he'd be whistling. "I'd appreciate it if you'd take that smug look off your face. This isn't -"
"I love you, Julia.”