Patti Loves FAB Romance's Reviews > Simply Irresistible

Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis

Sep 27, 10

bookshelves: contemporary

Simply Irresistible is the first book in Ms. Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series. This was a fun, fast read. I liked Maddie right from the beginning of the story. She was someone I could easily identify with: she was sort of a pushover but didn't want to be. This was especially evident when we learn that her last boyfriend was an abuser. She's come out to Lucky Harbor ready for a fresh, new start. Her two half-sisters do not share Maddie's opinion that this inheritance could be the start of something wonderful, they just want to sell and go.

Jax is a wonderful hero, I liked him from the start too: smart, sexy, honorable, good with his hands... *sigh* He instantly falls for Maddie, whom he meets through a very funny series of events; I should probably add "forgiving" to his list of endearing qualities :)

I laughed a lot while reading this book - I mean come on, the town's cafe was named "Eat Me". The quotes at the beginning of each chapter were cute and a good reminder about why the sisters were at the inn: their free-spirited mother. While I did guess one or two of the plot points in advance, the storyline had enough twists to keep me interested. The interaction between Maddie and Jax was hot any time they were near each other, which makes me happy as a reader. I didn't like Maddie's sisters very much, but by the end of the story they had grown on me. While I liked Jax's friends, their interaction felt a bit forced for me. Ever the romantic, I am hoping that they end up with Maddie's sisters somewhere in this series...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simply Irresistible.