Susi's Reviews > Touched by an Alien

Touched by an Alien by Gini Koch

Nov 02, 2010

bookshelves: 2010-10, science-fiction, romance, fiction, 2010
Read from October 05 to 10, 2010

After hearing so much buzz about Touched by an Alien I just had to read this one. It took me longer than I intended to get a copy but thanks to Stella my wish came true and I could finally dive into this Science Fiction Romance. Touched by an Alien is one of the funniest books ever read. I annoyed the hell out of BF with my constant laughing and giggeling and Caroline had to suffer too because I txted her every time when I couldn't stop laughing- I'm evil that way. There aren't many books that made me laugh so much and I bow my head for Ms Koch- she wrote the right humour for me- she's hilarious and I love her for it.

Our heroine Katherine "Kitty" Katt is an independent woman. She is intelligent, astonishing clever and a bit of a smartass- one who knows what she's talking about, but a smartass nonetheless. I have no idea why she knows all that stuff but it was refreshing to read about a woman who knows her way around people and who doesn't shrink away from the big stuff. She is my kind of woman but from time to time she annoyed me a bit.

Jeff Martini stole my heart, no idea why- he is too persistent, a bit annoying and really full of himself- at least on the outside. When we first meet him the only thing he talks about is marrying kitty ASAP or at least having some fun between the sheets. He seems to be pretty presumptuous about this but he does it in a charismatic and charming way. He made me laugh so often and OMG he made me swoon. I really want my own sexy alien in an Armani suit. While the story progresses we get to know him some more and I fell deeply in love. I'm really jealous- me wants Martini.

The romance part of Touched by an Alien is awesomely hot. Yep not surprising with a cast of gorgeous aliens but holy guacamoly I know we really need to find this warehouse where these guys are hiding. Best would be NOW- and I'm not kidding. That's a must do on my list of things I have to do before I die. The sidecharacters are really likeable- witty, funny and some a bit pissy. Yes most are also gorgeous and made of perfect but I still liked them. This great mix of the supporting cast brings so much more life and vitality to this story.

The book starts with a big bang but on the first few chapters we find ourself in the big explanation. Who are these aliens? Where do they come from? What are they doing here and so on. It was a bit too much from time to time and I was really hoping for more action at some points- and yes I totally got that later on. We jump from the big info round into really fast paced actions scenes with the big guns, huge bangs and explosions and the science fiction fuglies we waited for. I enjoyed the action too but it could all have been a bit more evened out for me- it would have made it perfect if everything would have been a bit more mixed up.

Touched by an Alien is a great start for this new series. The premise Ms Koch created is wonderfully vibrant- her writing is funny and witty. All in all a great start for this very promising series.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touched by an Alien.

10/05/2010 page 12
3.0% "OMG I love it..no I ADORE it! Why didn't I start this earlier? LOL" 1 comment
10/05/2010 page 21
5.0% "I just left my bed to get the post-its. That good."
10/07/2010 page 140
36.0% "Wowza is all I say."
10/10/2010 page 296
76.0% "Me wants on top of hunky mountain. LOL"
10/10/2010 page 296
76.0% "Wowza I need a drink and a cigarette and possibly a shower. *fans herself*"
10/10/2010 page 389
100.0% "More please!"
show 1 hidden update…

Brenda I keep hearing about this series too. I can see I will have to pick it up soon!

Susi Ohhh yes do hon. It was such a treat. Hilarious.
And you will crave Martini. ;)

Brenda LOL I'll have to wait til after this month. I'm writing a YA book for NaNo and I don't want to read anything too steamy since I'm behaving myself in writing my own stuff. Don't want to shock those teens. LOL

Christine Martini *drools*

Can´t wait for Alien Tango! This series is so hilarious!

ALPHAreader I ♥ Martini!

Susi @Bredna Oh my smut free Nov? Poor hon.

@Christine @ALPHAreader Oh yes I agree and that why he's all mine. ;)